Recognition of Foreign Degrees and Certificates
Recognition of Foreign Degrees and Qualifications
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- Application for recognition of foreign degree or qualification .
- Original or a certified copy of the diploma in compliance with the Procedure for Notarial or Apostille Certification.
- Original or certified copy of the Diploma Supplement (Academic Transcript) in compliance with the Procedure for Notarial or Apostille Certification.
- Photocopy of the first page of your passport or other identification documents with your names in Latin script, date and place of birth.
- Document certifying changes in the applicant's name if any (with translation, if in a foreign language)
- Other documents which the applicant may consider relevant to the requested recognition (original of European Diploma Supplement, if any, etc.)
Documents under points 2 and 3 must be legalized, translated and certified in accordance with the international treaties between Bulgaria and the country of issuance of respective documents. When there are no such provisions, the process must follow the general procedure for legalization, translation and certification of documents and other papers.
Translations of legalized documents must be certified by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria.
Where do I submit my application?
Submit your application for recognition and supporting documents to the International Relations Office, Building 1, main lobby, 1-st floor.
Your application for recognition will be reviewed by the Committee for Recognition of Foreign Degrees and Qualifications. The recommendation of the Committee will be put to vote at a regular meeting of NBU’s Academic Council. The outcome or decision will be communicated to you by the Secretary of the Recognition Committee.